President Obama seems confused about a lot of things, not the least of which is who is responsible for America’s families. Obama’s recent push for more federal control included blaming fatherless households… on small government. Yes, we’re serious. Of course, statistically, he couldn’t be more wrong. What American families need most right now is dads. Real dads. Good dads. The dads that go to work, earn a paycheck, then come home and play with their kids, go to soccer games, and even help do the dishes. Don’t take our word for it, though. Stats and studies consistently show that the single best indicator as to whether a child will have a successful life… is a dad who’s involved in their lives. Not a government lunch, or a government education, or a government handout – a DAD.
Here’s 5 reasons why we need more good dads, not more government:
1. Joint parent households are the single greatest predictor of success for children in the workplace. See that means, one mommy, and one daddy. It’s not rocket science. 1+1 = success.
2. Kids with fathers are less likely to drop out of school, and are more likely to achieve an advanced degree. Toddlers whose dads are a presence in home have a higher IQ by age 3 then those who do not. 71% of all high school drop-outs come from dad-less homes. Again, it’s simple: be a good father to your children, they’ll be smarter.
3. Children who grow up with Dad’s influence are less likely to commit crimes. Rioters, looters, thugs… and yes, even those instances of corrupt, crooked cops could be curbed with more dads. Who’d have thought?
4. More likely to marry and have kids of their own. Again, not only does this benefit the United States culturally at large, but families are good for the economy. Very good.
5. Higher self esteem and direction. According to the Father Involvement Research Alliance, boys with fathers are less aggressive, less impulsive, and have a greater understanding of the direction and purpose for their lives and girls have higher self-esteem and are less likely to become pregnant out of wedlock.
Kids don’t need big government. Kids need their dads. Good dads. If you’ve got a good one, be sure to thank him today!